2017 English Channel swim

Thursday, July 9, 2009

THANK YOU

Dear Friends, Family, and Co-workers,

Before I leave for Dover on Saturday, I want to thank you for your heartfelt words of encouragement and support. It has meant so much to me.
A special thank you for my "spotters" who walked Pine Point Beach for several hours and for some, during torrential downpours. I deeply appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedules to help me fulfill my dream. Thank you.
Also, I would like to thank the members and staff of the Casco Bay YMCA in Freeport. I can't thank them enough for everything they have done. I was so touched by a member who gave me their "34 year chip" of sobriety as a symbol of strength. I am honored to wear it on my channel crossing. Thank you.
A special thank you to Geoff and Conde for their time in creating such a wonderful blog of my English Channel swim---it is so appreciated.
Also, I would like to thank "Peak Performance" and "Lake Region Imports" for their support. To my husband Jim (my soul mate and the love of my life) thank you for being such a caring, supportive and understanding husband. To my daughter Sarah--thank you for your many, many, many words of encouragement. You're so special. And a special thank you to my son Tom who inspired me so many years ago to swim the Peaks to Portland as a tribute to my brother Robbie. Thank you for saying, "You could, if you tried."
When I begin my swim across the Channel, all of you will be in my thoughts. And, TOGETHER WE WILL reach France. My heartfelt thanks to all of you.
Love,
Pat

1 comment:

Virginia Wilder Cross said...

Hello Pat,

Words of support from fans who asked for your autograph at Pine Point Beach...GO GIRL!

Ginny Wilder Cross