2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swim Results

Today I swam the Strait of Gibraltar in a time of 3 hours and 28 minutes. The head of the Strait of Gibraltar Swim Association (ACNEG) said it was the 3rd fastest woman's time in their history. I am totally stunned. He said he has contacted the newspaper here in Spain and it will be in tomorrow's paper. Before I started my swim, I asked my son Tom to write my brother Robbie's name on my arm. When I finished my swim, I looked up to the sky and said, "This is for you Robbie." I want to thank my husband Jim for his endless support, my daughter Sarah for helping me train for this adventure, my son Tom who was a tremendous help on my crossing. And last, to all my friends, family, Barron Center Crew, and followers of my blog, thank you. It meant so much to me to receive such an outpouring of suppport.

12 comments:

Yoko said...

Congratulations Pat!!!!

Ranie said...

Congratulations Pat!
Give us more details...
Did you see any wildlife?

Unknown said...

Patty, Patty, Patty!!!! OMG, congratulations on the swim and the record-book entry. You are definitely my hero forever. Have a safe trip home.

Love to you,
Judi

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear details. Please let us know if there's a URL for the Spanish paper article. You are an inspiration! Ann

Rick Charette said...

Way to go Pat!!!!! 3rd fastest women. That's absolutely, positively awesome! Congratulations! Safe travels on your way home. You probably could fly home without an airplane!

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL ! We are so proud of you.
LEts have a party !
Ma , mare ,lauren and beth says hi
see you soon ,PG

maria said...

Patty We are all so proud. Time to party when you get home!!!!! Love ya The Hume family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again we are so proud of you!!!!!!!!!! You ARE a hero to many. We are all smiling at your amazing swim and making the record book. Have fun for the remainder of your time in Spain. We are anxious to hear every detail of your swim. A safe trip home!

Your Barron Center Crew

M said...

Fantastic
well done pat
what a hero

best

Mark

pauline said...

Hi Pat! congradulations on your swim i can't wait for you to come back to work to get all your details about your swim and trip!
Have a great time in spain for the rest of your vacation! Bring back pictures if you can!!!

Pauline
(bc2)

pauline said...

Hi Pat! Congradulations on finishing your swim! What a great achievement that is! I can't wait to hear all of the details about your trip,enjoy the rest of your vacation and bring back some pictures if you can!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Patty: I just watched the video--wow, the shark was too close and so was the passing ship! Terrific shots and the commentary was priceless!! You know how proud I am of you!

Judi Hilton