2017 English Channel swim

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I never imagined......

Several years ago I never imagined that I would become a marathon swimmer.  And then, I never imagined that I would lose my youngest brother Robbie to a sudden and unexpected heart attack at the age of 34.  I started my swim career as a tribute to him.    On February 14, I will be participating in the "Valentine's Day..Swim for your Heart" event to bring an awareness of heart disease and prevention.  Maine Medical Center along with the Maine Heart Center will be visiting many area pools in the Greater Portland area to offer free blood pressures, free cholesterol test, and heart healthy information.  They need our support.  Please join me in making a donation to Maine Medical Center in memory of my brother or in memory of your loved one.  These health screenings will increase awareness of cardiovascular risk factors.   You can make an online donation to Maine Medical Center at their safe and secure website.  Please visit http://swimforyourheartfeb14.com.  Click on the "Donate" link, the click on The Maine Heart Center logo.  If you would prefer to mail a check, please forward check to:  Maine Medical Center, Development Dept, Attn: Valentine's Day..Swim for your Heart,  22 Bramhall Street, Portland, Maine 04102.     Thank you for your generosity.

No comments: