2017 English Channel swim

Friday, July 24, 2009

another cancelled swim

Friday, July 24, 2009 3:21 PM
I just got off the phone with my boat pilot Reg. My 2 am start has been cancelled due to continued winds. He said he would call me at 11 am Saturday (6am Eastern) for a POSSIBLE start at 2:30 pm Saturday. I am getting very worried that my swim might not take place. Sunday's forecast has changed--- now it's rain and high winds. I have a gut feeling that my last opportunity to swim will be tomorrow afternoon.
Enjoy the Peaks to Portland tomorrow. And say "hi" to all the swimmers for me.
Pat

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good Luck Pat!
I have been following your incredible determination and joy for distance swimming. I have been swimming Peaks for 10 years and am worried about tommorrow as I have had a sore shoulder and my training feels off.

But somehow reading, and hearing from Nancy T, about all you have done, gives him confidence that I can give it my best shot! There's nothing like swimming by that Fort!

I believe the first year you swam peaks I met your other brother (a nurse) who was swimming with me @ East End Beach.

Please know I will be cheering you on and will also have you in my thoughts as I swim tomorrow! You Rock!

Anne Archibald